Nov 11, 2010

Good luck charms


Abracadabra

This was used by the Gnostics in Rome to invoke the beneficient spirits against disease and death. Sammonicus, the Gnostic physician, believed that the letters of the magical triangle which he used for curing aches and fevers, were to be written on paper, folded into the shape of a cross, worn for nine days around the neck, and, before sunrise, cast behind the patient into a stream running eastward. It was also a popular charm during the Great Plague of 1665.

1 comment:

alfiesgirl said...

I like the good luck charms shown here so I am linking to this from my webpage about my own personal charms & why they work for meon this url http://www.squidoo.com/Love-Luck-Serenity

I hope to add new good luck charms as I learn about more of them & hope to learn more by visiting this blog of yours

Love Today alfiesgirl ~ Tina